Thursday, June 21, 2007

Thursday morning

Hello there, just wanted to let you know that I have attempted to do the Log Cabin Afghan. I love it. I have met someone online which is in a town near my house. She teaches at a LYS. I went into this shop and just fell in love with it. I met some very nice ladies. I am still working on my girlfriend's scarf and my son's afghan. I am really enjoying doing this Log Cabin Afghan. I am going to take allllll of my yarn and put it in color piles. I am going to have my son help me out. Since I have to take it from the basement to the 2nd floor bedroom.
When I get it all done, then I can see what colors I have.
Well, time to get off the computer and get knitting.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice job! I like the colors (why do I always like colors that don't go with my house or my face?). Can't wait to see the finished product.

OrthodoxNac said...

Wow! I am working on a pattern for a Log Cabin blanket/afghan I want to make, and I have been having a hard time and wishing for someone to share my difficulties with, and now I find this site. I have two problems: mainly, I get holes, usually at the beginning and end of rows when I start a new log. A bit worse when I change colors, but it happens even when I keep the same yarn. I don't know if I am doing something wrong or if I just need practice. What tricks have you learned about picking up stitiches? I haven't found anything other than what I am doing, but those holes are frustrating!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sue, this project looks so complicated!!! Good for you that you are tackling this. Can't wait to see the finished product. . .